Rocky Mountain High School
Announcements and Important Events
On behalf of Rocky Mountain High School's Athletic Department, we would like to congratulate you on your child’s recent selection and participation on a Rocky Mountain High School sports team. We’re sure you already know that athletic competition builds character and shapes lifetime attitudes. Our school Sportsmanship Program reinforces and promotes the principles of good sportsmanship. These principles include integrity, fairness, and respect.
A good sport is a true leader in the community. As a parent of a student at our school, your sportsmanship goals should include:
• Realizing that athletics are part of the educational experience and the benefits of involvement go beyond the final score of a game.
• Encouraging our students to perform their best, just as we would with their class work, knowing that others will always turn in better or lesser performances.
• Participating in positive cheers that encourage our youngsters and discouraging any cheers that would redirect that focus--including those that taunt and intimidate opponents, their fans, and officials.
• Learning, understanding, and respecting the rules of the game, the officials who administer those rules, and their decisions.
• Respecting the task our coaches face as teachers and supporting them as they strive to educate our youth.
• Respecting our opponents as student-athletes and acknowledging them for striving to do their best.
Your student is a spokesperson for our school when they represent us in any athletic competition. The actions of your student and yourself are viewed by family, friends, opposing fans, the local community, and the media. Your display of good sportsmanship will reflect positively upon you and our school.
As a participant in school athletics, you should develop a sense of dignity under all circumstances. Be a fan, not a fanatic! The leadership role you take in sportsmanship will help influence your child, and our community, for years to come.
We hope the upcoming season is a rewarding one for you and your student.
Thank you for your continued support.